Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flip Your Instruction with Flip Video Cameras

You can begin creating a 21st century learning environment today with one of the easiest and least expensive to use technologies out there. A Flip Video. This $150 investment can go a long way in helping digital native students create using the technology they love with a tool that’s easy on the wallet and has virtually no learning curve...especially in the hands of students.

So, how might you Flip Your Instruction? Here are some learning ideas, teaching ideas, and resources and samples to inspire you.
    • Learning Ideas
      • How To Book -> How To Video
      • About Me Book -> About Me Video
      • My neighborhood report -> My neighborhood video
      • Book report -> book trailer
      • Tell your family’s stories (Flip Your Homework by bringing a Flip home)
      • PSA or Advertisement
      • What is your B Side (Personal narrative of the you people may not know)

    • Teaching Ideas
      • Students can create video tips for becoming better readers or writers. Teachers can create the first few sample videos.
      • Students can create video tips for ways their parents can support them with their reading or writing.
      • Students create videos with questions about reading or writing to be answered by others. Students or global community.
If you are ready to flip your instruction, it is important that from the beginning, you Don’t Forget Your Audience! 5 Ideas To Connect with Real Audiences. Remember it’s important to help students discover places their work might be published to an authentic audience and also exposes them to examples of other student work. can begin creating a 21st century learningenvironment t

4 comments:

  1. Glad that this was posted - these really are the coolest tech toys out right now. I love how easy it is to use the Flip cameras. Another thing that I like is that the software is included on the camera so that it makes sharing the camera among multiple people super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to learn more about this, but more to share what you have here. Do you mind if I post this on my own blog? www.iron-lenord.blogspot.com I am trying to share this kind of info and these kinds of resources with teachers who are newbies to technology and to whom most of what I read would be completely overwhelming to them. Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the weebly website. It makes it so easy to design and create your own webpage. I'm using it to create a school newspaper and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Weebly is a great site and a helpful teaching tool. It allowed my students to have enough freedom to work on their own but still gave me the ability to monitor their growth and learning

    ReplyDelete